Career Training and Opportunities for Graduates
Post-graduation Career Training and Opportunities
FREE Jr Web Developer and IT Help Desk Technician training. This program is for individuals 18 years of age and up. They also have a job developer that is based in Seattle.
Generation USA, a global nonprofit has partnered with Verizon to launch two new training programs in Seattle (Jr. Web Developer & IT Help Desk Technician). Our 100% free, online programs provide the technical and soft skills necessary to succeed in a variety of roles. Then, we partner with educational institutions to help students find apprenticeships, internships, continuing education, or full-time employment. Below are a few details about the programs. Also, please let me know if you would like someone from our team to conduct an info session.
- Program Name : Jr Web Developer
- Length of Program : 10 weeks
- Start Date : 11/02/2020
- Time : Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Program Name : IT Help Desk Technician
- Length of Program : 12 weeks
- Start Date : 11/09/2020
- Time : Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA ITF+
- Have earned a high school diploma or GED
- Be 18 years or older at the start of the program
- Available M-F, 9AM-5PM local time for in-class hours
- If planning to pursue employment then the applicant must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Live within 60 miles of Seattle, WA
- Laptop OR Chromebook that meets the requirements for TestOut software
Please click on the links below or the attached flyer to apply.
More Information at https://anewaop.org/
Seattle Parks and Recreation is RECRUITING FOR Positions In THE YOUTH GREEN CORPS
MUST BE 18-24 / NOT IN SCHOOL / UNEMPLOYED.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JAN 31th / EMAIL: TRAILS@SEATTLE.GOV
Apply online at bit.ly/ygc2020
Successful candidates will work full time (32-40 hrs. per week) from February 2020 to June 2020. $1600 PER MONTH STIPEND.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possession of a currently valid WA state driver's license,
RESTORATION, LANDSCAPING, TRAIL BUILDING, OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE.
Unidos in Finance, El Centro de la Raza’s workforce development program, is looking for participants! The goal of UIF is to recruit qualified candidates to grow a career in the financial service sector through a bank teller training program. This is an exciting opportunity as banks are especially eager to hire bi-lingual people and our program is partnering with Bank of America to create a pipeline directly into jobs in the financial sector.
Applicants must have a high level of English fluency, be 18 years or older, possess a high school diploma or a GED, be authorized to work in the United States and have no adult criminal record.
Next Session runs from June 10th – July 24th. For more information please contact: Jessica Gonzalez (206)-957-4624 email@example.com.
Unidos en Finanzas es el programa del Centro de la Raza de desarrollo de la fuerza laboral. Estamos buscando participantes! El objetivo de UIF es reclutar candidatos calificados que sean bilingües en español e inglés para desarrollar una carrera en el sector de servicios financieros a través de un programa bilingüe de capacitación en cajeros bancarios. Esta es una oportunidad emocionante ya que los bancos están ansiosos por contratar a Latinos bilingües y nos estamos asociando con el Bank of América para crear una carrera directamente en empleos en el sector financiero.
Nuestro programa incluye habilidades de preparación para el trabajo, finanzas personales, servicio al cliente y la capacitación básica requerida para convertirse en un cajero de banco. Los solicitantes deben hablar bien el inglés, tener 18 años o más, poseer un diploma de escuela secundaria o un GED, estar autorizados para trabajar en los Estados Unidos y sin antecedentes penales para adultos.
La próxima sesión comienza el 10 de Junio a 24 de Julio. Para obtener más información, póngase en contacto con Jessica Gonzalez (206)-957-4624 firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This program is for graduating Seniors ages 18-24.
- Our program combines hands-on skills development, courses eligible for college credit, and corporate internships to prepare students for success in professional careers and higher education.
- Develop skills you need for the job you want.
- We align our training with corporate partner needs and market trends to ensure that the skills you learn will be in-demand.
- Learn valuable technical and professional skills, and gain work experience during internships at top companies.
- Earn while you learn.
- Earn a stipend throughout the program (both while you train and during your internship) and complete courses eligible for college credit.
- Get ongoing support and guidance.
- Our staff (including program managers, coaches, and student services teams) and our strong alumni network support you in reaching your maximum potential, both as a student and as a working professional.
City Year is seeking talented, motivated, and determined students to serve their local communities as a FULL-YEAR CORPS MEMBER in Seattle/King County.
Fueled by national service, City Year partners with public schools in 29 urban, high-need communities across the U.S. and through international affiliates in the U.K. and South Africa. Diverse teams of City Year AmeriCorps members provide research-based student, classroom and school-wide supports to help students stay in school and on track to graduate from high school, ready for college and career success.
We are looking for young adults ages 18-25 years commit to one year of national service by serving as tutors, mentors and role models in 11 schools across the greater Seattle area and south King County. City Year AmeriCorps members serve in classrooms ranging from grades three through nine. Our near peer approach is a key component of our AmeriCorps members' ability to make a lasting impact in students' lives.